Thursday, October 28, 2010

Back in Business!

Ahhhhhh! We finally got a computer that works! Hooray! Actually when the other one worked it was swell...but the hard drive kept freezing up...so-not so swell!
I think when we last left off we had just gotten back from a rather stellar mini-vacation. I thought it was a disaster but the kids have mentioned things about it for two months now. So I guess it's the disasters we remember the most. I should remember that during our next disaster.
School finally started and we were sort of able to get back into a routine; something we were all ready for. I thought things might slow down for me once school started. I was wrong. Oh well, I might as well be busy--I like it better that way anyway. The new photos on the right are first day of school photos. (Kelsi didn't actually start school until Sept. 21 but we took her photo anyway!) Carson started 8th grade in the big Jr. High (weird for me). He likes it. He has some really good teachers that he likes, so that is good. He is still in orchestra playing the violin and he is still taking piano lessons (much to his chagrin). He is also still in ballroom dance. He is on the Junior team this year which is a much bigger time commitment than it has been in the past. He is really having to learn the art of wise time management.
Garett is in the sixth grade at the middle school. He also likes his teachers and is doing well. Here's the biggest news,...so far he has an A in spelling.....hooray....we'll try to keep that up. He is playing the trumpet and also taking piano. He REFUSED to take ballroom. He wouldn't even try it he was that sure he would hate it! Which is O.K. because he has an UBER 11 year old scout leader who believes in three hour meetings and campouts which last from Friday at 4:00pm to Sat. at 9:00 pm. Jaxon is in the first grade and this is his first year at school ALL DAY! He, too, likes his teacher and is doing well. He's a super reader. His level is 3.2 (third grade). I teach art in his class once a month and his teacher told me, "Jaxon's a bright boy. I can tell I'm going to need something for him to do all the time." I told her that would be great idea.
Kelsi started preschool at BYU-I which she absolutely adores!!!! She goes on Tues and Thurs morning for 2 hours. She's only in for one semester so she will be done in December. I'm usually not a big preschool person but she may change my mind in Jan. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.body-fauxcolumn-outer { background: url(http://www.example.com/image.png); } .body-fauxcolumn-outer div { background: none; }