Sunday, August 1, 2010

Our summer in a nutshell!

Hello! Hey, my second post...and not in seven months...still no photos! So for those of you that I've left completely in the dark, here is our summer in a nutshell. June was spent at the cabin with Andy's family. It was a great time and the kids loved being with all of their cousins. We went to Yellowstone where we ate lunch with a giant herd of Mama buffalo with their new babies. We also got thrown up on by Old Faithful. It was fairly windy and when Old Faithful erupted all we could see was a big cloud of steam coming our way. We must have been mesmerized and hypnotized because we all just stood there watching the steam ball getting closer and closer. The steam finally got to us along with a shower of sulfur water...YUCK! The rest of June was spent getting ready for girls camp. That was stress!!!!! Camp went well. There were no tears, no fights, and really not any drama (that I know of). So I consider that a HUGE success. I did only get 6 hours of sleep the entire time we were there and the belt on my tire burst on the way to Playmill. Thankfully we were near a gas station with a garage with a priesthood leader who works at a tire store who knew exactly what to do (like which air hose was the right one to use--I was trying to use the one you blow up inner tubes with). Ten minutes and ten bucks later and we were on the road....blessings!
After girls camp, Andy headed off to Scout camp with Carson and Garett. That was Stress for him!!!!!! Half way through camp Garett barfed in the tent! Andy and Clyde had the sheer pleasure of cleaning up puke while camping (one of my nightmares). Garett ended up coming home early...poor kid. Oh, I almost forgot....right before girls camp Andy was called to be the first counselor in our bishopric...more stress for him. So far he does NOT enjoy conducting! After camps were over we had a week to recover then Brett, Kim and Tyler came to our neck of the woods for his 20 year high school reunion! We went to Yellowstone with them and after SIX years of going to Yellowstone every summer we finally saw a BEAR!!!!! Yes a real live bear in the wild...not even at Bear world. Unfortunately my camera was "processing" and then I was yelling at the kids to calm down because they were screaming at the top of their lungs so I didn't even get proof of the event. I think Brett got a photo but then he said it got erased somehow. You'll just have to take our word for it. We got to spend a week hanging out with Brett's family...it was terrific!!!!! Tony, Jenna and cutie pie Ari came to Idaho next and we had like a mini reunion, complete with a smokin' game of soccer in the backyard (none of my flowers or lights are the same) and a fast paced Uno competition (the only kind Tony will play--the other kind is too boring). We also played a couple of games of laser tag, went to Twizzleberry twice, and saw The Sorcerers Apprentice (a pleasant surprise) and The Last Airbender (totally lame...in my opinion).
This last week was spent trying to catch up on all of the cleaning I've been neglecting all summer long and laundry....EXCITING!!!!!
Oh Yeah, all three boys are playing soccer this summer too. They each have two games a week, same day...sometimes same time...different places.
We only have like three more weeks until school starts! Wow! Where did the lazy days of summer go?
Today I poured boiling water on my hand so that was really dumb and now I have a big burn on my hand....Youch!
O.K. so there you go...If you can read through that crazy, disjointed post...Kudos to you!

1 comment:

  1. Go 2nd post!! And awesome pictures too by the way, I'm liking this knowing-what-your-family-is-doing-thing lots-o!! love you guys!

    ReplyDelete

.body-fauxcolumn-outer { background: url(http://www.example.com/image.png); } .body-fauxcolumn-outer div { background: none; }